October 27, 2011
You don’t want the flu. Naturally, you don’t want to get it from others, and they don’t want to get the flu from you. Since you both want the same thing, to stop the spread of the flu, we thought we’d give you some tips on ways you can stop the spread of the flu in Austin. In fact, if everyone followed these tips, the impact of flu season would be dramatically reduced. Let me explain.
First, stop the flu by covering your mouth. Believe it or not, we’re still talking about this 40 years after my mother first told me. Why? It seems like people never learn. You’ve all seen the tv footage where particles are ejected from a person’s mouth in a seemingly infinite supply, and covering your mouth stops that, along with the flu.
Second, soap stops the flu in it’s tracks. Wash your hands regularly, and fully coat both sides of your hands, and leave it on there for at least 20 seconds. Time is the key. Just think of it this way: the more time you spend with soap on your hands, the less time you’ll have to spend carrying napkins around because you have the flu. Getting a flu shot is the best way to prevent the flu, but the next best thing is good hygiene, so wash away!
Three, stop the flu by not touching. That’s right, the less touching the better. It’s said that the average person touches their face three to five times per minute. The scariest thing about that is that they then touch the very same doorknobs, saltshakers and water fountains that you do. Don’t touch your face, and you stop the flu. Stop the flu for yourself, and you stop it for those around you. Let’s get together and stop the flu!
- - 2013 -
- March 2013(1)
- February 2013(2)
- January 2013(6)
- - 2012 -
- December 2012(1)
- July 2012(3)
- June 2012(2)
- February 2012(3)
- - 2011 -
- December 2011(5)
- December/31:How Do Sports Physicals Work......
- December/31:3 Symptoms That Should NOT......
- December/31:The True Value of a Austin......
- December/31:Sports Physical: One More......
- December/29:Care Savings Plan: Is It Right......
- November 2011(6)
- November/22:3 Tips on PIcking the Best......
- November/22:What is a Austin Walk In......
- November/18:Austin Family Care Clinics: 3......
- November/04:Flu Shots are even more......
- November/04:Flu Season in Austin: It's......
- November/04:How to NOT Get The Flu in......
- October 2011(3)
- - 2010 -
- August 2010(1)
- January 2010(1)
- - 2009 -
- September 2009(1)
- April 2009(1)
- March 2009(2)
- - 2008 -
- December 2008(1)